Saturday, January 14, 2012

Craigslist

I realize that this is something that most people are rather familiar with even if they have not used it. You should seriously consider using it if you have not used it and ever need to make a purchase of something that is a little more expensive but is either durable, or will only will be rarely used. In the past few weeks I have picked up a craftsmen scroll saw, a Ryobi miter saw, and now a router (its out in the car and I have not seen the brand name yet). A new Ryobi miter saw is 120. A Craftsmen scroll saw is also usually 120. Fixed base routers with router tables start around 140 or so. So to get everything new it would cost me about 400 with tax. Now of course everything I have got is used, the scroll saw is old as is the router. And the miter saw is missing it's saw dust bag.  Nonetheless those are rather minor things considering the grand total I have spent so far is $60.

It takes time to grab great deals like this. I spent about 3 months looking at miter saws until I found one that was cheap enough that I could not say no. So it takes a little bit of patience but it can pay off. Be careful of lemons as you search for the diamonds in the rough. Next on the list may be a Kitchen Aid if I can find something for a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment