Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rotisserie Pig

So yesterday I feel that I finally justified my existence as an omnivore. In our modern society we have a huge disconnect from our food. When I showed this picture to my class of 10 and 11 year olds most of them were grossed out that that my meat came from something that still looked like the original animal. 
When did animals become a gross place to get our meat. Styrofoam and plastic is fine, but the pig itself is bad. 

So I got up early, went over to the farm and helped kill, clean, and cook our dinner. I think more people should need to experience the act of preparing their own food from start to end. And if you cannot respect the process of killing an animal for food then you should probably skip the clean and sterile packages at the grocery store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment